Thursday, December 15, 2011

You are what you eat. And THINK.

"Affirmations are like prescriptions for certain aspects of yourself you want to change."
Jerry Frankhauser

Do you have a personal affirmation?
or mantra or prayer?

Something you repeat to yourself or in your head throughout the day?
And I don't mean:
"Quit hitting your sister!"
"Spit that gum out!"
"Is it Friday yet??"

But, you know what I mean? A personal affirmation.
"I breathe in peace and breathe out anxiety."
"I am the change I wish to see in the world."
Not all mantras need be existential.
"I am a confident, successful, trim size 6!" (I heard that one once... hehe, cute!)

As the new year approaches
and New Year's Resolutions begin to form in the ether,
have you thought of starting out the New Year with a personal affirmation to face each day?

"Affirmations and mantras have been practiced around the planet for thousands of years. In fact the most successful, wealthiest, enlightened, and healthiest people in the history of our planet have used affirmations to achieve extraordinary and high levels of clarity, focus, and richness of life that most only dream of." 1

Fantastic!
So, how does one create their own personal mantra?
Some tips I've read about:

First, think about what you would like to accomplish in the new year.
Lose weight, stop smoking, make more money, get a better job?
Have more peace, spend more time on yourself, prioritize?
Start each work day with a better attitude?

Whatever your goals are for the coming year, make your affirmation something you would actually say out loud to someone else.
So....

Are "I'm a millionaire!" or "I'm rolling in dough!" things that you would actually say in conversation with someone? Probably not. (I mean, unless you were being sarcastic, right?)
Something more natural would be, "I'm a financially secure person. I'm free of debt." Do you agree? It's more natural.

Avoid using negative statements. So, you would like more money in your life next year? Don't make your affirmation something like, "I'm not going to get so many BILLS this year!"

Thinking of having a more positive outlook on your work situation in the coming year? Instead of saying something like, "I will not hate my job today," say something like "I look forward to my job that continuously provides me with opportunities to practice patience."

Not sure you can come up with one on your own?
There are positive affirmations to choose from! :)

Affirmations and mantras have been used for 1,000s of years, so there are plenty that have already been created. There are a lot of books out there that speak of the use of affirmations and mantras to help you in your life.
One of my favorite books on this topic is by Dr. Wayne Dyer, "The Power of Intention, Learning to Co-Create Your World Your Way." Dr. Dyer walks you through the Power of Intention and brings you on a journey of self discovery.

If you haven't yet discovered Deepak Chopra (who happens to be a friend of Dr. Wayne Dyer!), I suggest "The Soul of Healing," for those wishing for a physical or health related change in the coming year.

"Affirmations are like prescriptions for certain aspects of yourself you want to change."
Jerry Frankhauser

Think on it.
We are what we eat. AND think.

LaProfesoraFrida






Link to "1."
http://www.joshuazuchter.com/How_to_Create_Affirmations.html

2 comments:

  1. I am nominating you for a Top 10 Award. Visit my blog to find out more about this award:

    Michelle
    Teach123

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thanks! I'll come check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete