Sunday, November 16, 2014

Spanish "Wordoku," or "Sudoku" with Spanish vocabulary words

Help your students learn THANKSGIVING DAY vocabulary with these TWO fun SPANISH sudokus!

I'm not much of a Sudokuer (is that a word?), but my husband is.  I decided to try my hand at creating some "Wordokus" using Spanish vocabulary instead of numbers!  My puzzle-loving students love these, and I bet yours will too!

These are a great way to add El Dia de Accion de Gracias (Thanksgiving Day!) vocabulary to your classroom without necessarily having to add a Thanksgiving Day lesson. 

Click here to go to La Profesora Frida's TpT store.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Sudoku-Thanksgiving-El-Dia-de-Accion-de-Gracias-Vocabulary-169283

The vocabulary in the first sudoku:
agradecido/a (thankful)
el arandano rojo (cranberry)
la cena (dinner, the meal)
gluglu gluglu (gobble, gobble!)
el maiz (corn)
el pavo (turkey)
el pastel de calabaza (pumpkin pie)
el pure de patatas (mashed potatos)
el peregrino (pilgrim)

 The vocabulary in the 2nd Sudoku:
el name (yam)
el otono (fall)
el pavo (turkey)
el relleno (stuffing)
el pudin (pudding dessert)
la cazuela (casserole)
el futbol americano (American football)
la indigena americano (American Indian)
la familia (family)

(Teacher keys are included!)

These are wonderful for your FAST FINISHERS.  Also great for
homework, in class activity, partner activity, review, vocabulary building, substitute plans or extra credit!

I hope you give them a try with your students!  If you do, I would LOVE to hear how it goes, please swing by and let me know!  :)

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Spanish-Sudoku-Thanksgiving-El-Dia-de-Accion-de-Gracias-Vocabulary-169283

No comments:

Post a Comment